Thursday, January 21, 2010

For couples only! How many men do 100% of the cooking?

In our house, I (the husband) do about 90% of the cooking. My wife does the rest. It just works out that way for a variety of reasons. The main reason is that cooking is my passion and my hobby. Also, my wife (honestly) says that she likes to do the laundry and most of the cleaning.For couples only! How many men do 100% of the cooking?
I prepare all the food that my family eats.


I am in the business, and my wife feels intimidated when she cooks. On my day off,I usually prepare my family's foods for the week. I either put them in plastic containers and label them, Mon Tues etc... or I do all the prep and leave my wife simple directions to follow. She likes that, and then I know while I'm at work my kids aren't eating Mickey D's. I pretty much make it heat and serve..


A chef shouldn't have a wife that has to cook..It's what we do for a living!!!For couples only! How many men do 100% of the cooking?
I do almost all the cooking here. It's ironic because my wife's parents owned their own roadside cafe while she was growing up. She can't cook too much. But occasionally she does try.
I do most of the cooking, but I really like to cook. My husband does cook, though. I'd say he does maybe as much as 25% of the cooking, in fact. He makes great breakfasts and he cooks simple dinners. When I cook, it's usually a fairly complex meal and I don't want to do that all the time. We also cook together.


He'll decide to make a simple 'hamburger helper' type meal and I'll do some 'tweaking', with spices, add-ins, etc.





Polly
My Uncle, (Dad's BIL) did all of the cooking and made some awesome cakes.





This was after my Dad's Sister (my Aunt) burned herself badly when cooking greens.
None.
My ex only did a little cooking. That was alright with me, because I love to cook.





But I have an uncle who does almost all their cooking. My aunt can bake okay, but she's useless at the stove.
Not in our house, but my husband has some specialties: hollandaise sauce (for eggs benedict), chocolate chip cookes, and a desert only he loves called ';brownie juice';.
I do all the cooking here, but my wife is a much better cook than I.
I have done more cooking than everyone in my family

No comments:

Post a Comment