Thursday, January 21, 2010

Have you noticed the fact that a lot of straight couples are wanting to shack up without getting married, and

a lot of gay couples are wanting to get married rather than just shacking up? If we made it a crime for straights to marry, would they begin demanding the right to marry, and if we made it ok for gays to marry, would they begin to shack up rather than go through the hassle of marriage? Do we always want what we don't have? Just a thought.Have you noticed the fact that a lot of straight couples are wanting to shack up without getting married, and
I guess the grass IS always greener.... Good point.Have you noticed the fact that a lot of straight couples are wanting to shack up without getting married, and
Interesting, I never thought of it that way :)
Interesting thought for the day there.
NOt really, I think gay men have it easier finding a life partner. Maybe they want it b/c they can't have it. Straight people shack up b/c most don't want to get married. WEll I think in this day and age it's harder to find a man who is even semi interested in marriage. Fairytales don't exist for straights maybe fairytales only exist for fairies? Okay that was a bad joke but seriously I haven't met any man that would even consider marriage.
possibly, but understand that this trend seems to be a generational thing. I would venture to say that through most of Human nature is the same (hs sweethearts getting married at 18, babies to really young moms, divroce rates) my generation's ideas on marriage, relationships and family are much different than past generations. Some for the better (before when a 15 year old girl would get pregant, they would ship her off to the woods and hide her) and some are worse ( I couldn't tell you that our generation sees a difference between being married or not, and doesn't see a difference in being a wife and being a mother).





Anytime someone tells you that you can't humans feel inadequet, and the inadequecies fuel the burning desire to prove something. That desire to prove something makes people more vocal about getting what they were told they Can't have... and in America, it Is now a welfare based society that caters to whatever issue is screaming the loudest.





I'm crazy, a little Old fashioned!! I never had a baby (i'm 27, and will probably start soon), I completely see a difference in being a wife and a mother (not a mother to my husband), think people should struggle and earn what they have instead of being handed things, and well, not perfectly in line with my old-fashioned traditions, because I was raised by my Mom, poor as dirt, worked for everything I Have, and lived with my BF before considering getting married. (actually, both of them) one for 8 years (which feels quite like a marriage!!) and now for 6 months (considering getting married because he seems to be the right one.)
If you want to make sure that straights don't marry ... make divorce illegal.





I have a friend who is enjoying ALL The possibilities. He was living with his high school sweetie for 15 years and it was going pretty good but to spice things up a tad they decided to do some wife swapping. But an odd twist was added. Instead of swapping partners they ended up swapping so that the guys went off together and the girls went off together. I thought it sounded kinda gay but when I mentioned it to him he got this glint in his eye and I picked up his thoughts and said OMG ... you nasty little perv ...


Turns out that since he and the other guy are straight it's not doing a gay thing with each other but it's just innocent experimentation. And then I took it a step further and said ';but your ';morals'; won't allow you to do that with a gay person b/c then you would be considered gay, not experimenting'; and he looked at me and nodded and said ';Exactly';.





Personally I say to just let everyone be themselves as long as they don't harm anyone or themselves they can hang upside down and have sex from the ceiling- VAMP style - for all I care.





:-)


Peace y'all
yeah.


marriage as an institution is going down and people are realizing they dont have to be married to live together and go on with thier lives.


There are so many other dynamics.


If you can read ';unmarried to each other';. Its and excellent book on the subject.


=D

No comments:

Post a Comment