Saturday, January 23, 2010

Why don't commercials use more interracial couples?

I don't just mean showing multiple racres interacting as friends, but showing more openly interracial couples. I'm not looking for this question to be contreversial or bring out strong emotions.I'm just wondering since more people than ever are multiracial, why is that not reflected in advertising? I'd like a serius answer.Why don't commercials use more interracial couples?
Companies airing commercials do research which shows what the majority of the population thinks about racial issues among other things. So if they don't show interracial couples, this reflects the racist thinking of the majority of the population. If these companies don't reflect majority opinion, then they won't sell so much of their garbage (sorry I mean products...)Why don't commercials use more interracial couples?
I think they may be afraid of some of the more powerful conservative groups boycotting their products if they were ever to show ';such a thing.'; Personally I'd like to see it. It would be more representative of the country.
They are not the norm. I have seen some commercials with interracial couples but the are not common. People do not react well to difference.
  • jane iredale
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment