Thursday, January 21, 2010

What is considered a normal temper/normal fighting between couples?

I wanted to know, what some people considered a normal temper. I have only had one boyfriend, I have been with him for 3 years, and I feel like his temper is out of control but I am not sure. When it comes to relationships, what is the proper way to handle an argument? What would be too severe? When we argue, if his temper gets flared up, he will call me filthy words, scream at me, go out of his way to try to hurt my feelings (he has admitted it) and insult me as best as he can, and it always makes me feel miserable and hopeless. It hurts my feelings and my soul so badly. But then when my feelings aren't as hurt anymore, I think to myself, well maybe I am the one who is overreacting, maybe every couple goes through this. Can anyone give me information on their relationship when problems arise, or their beliefs on the subject?What is considered a normal temper/normal fighting between couples?
Being a veteran of a 14 year marriage (first and only marriage).





There is never an appropriate use of anger/filthy words name calling.





We can disagree on many topics, sometimes never come to a compromise; and that is OK.





Never once has either of us yelled obscenities at the other nor made any type of overt or covert threat.





If your man is treating you this way he isn't a man at all but a scared little child who needs to be dumped (sorry, but it will hurt a lot more if you continue down this path later in life.)What is considered a normal temper/normal fighting between couples?
he will call me filthy words,





why to call you those names,i bet you are worth more then that,you are NOT his animal.so tell him to stop it or else.


i mean all couples have arguments right,but also there must be respect between you both.


i wish you the best


try this link,its quite interesting
We all have different levels of tolerance. Love-Hate is a very close relationship, and there's one simple reason for this, you can not hate someone you don't care about, is very normal to have discussions with your partner. What I see in your relationship that I don't consider Normal or acceptable is the luck of respect and the conscious desire to hurt.





It's not good no matter how far apart the discussions are.





More than a bad relationship between your partner and you, I see a bad self image, is not good to let your guard down to the point of letting somebody hurt you that way.





I sincerely recommend to learn to love your self first, and don't let your guard down anymore and see if that makes your partner change attitude if he doesn't . Please change partner!!!
It is wrong that he calls you names. Next time it happens I would get up and leave. Just hit the road...wait for him to call. If you can't do that it means you co-dependent. There are so many jerks out there who make you feel like your the one who's crazy. But it's not true. As I said just pick up and leave.
Mine does the same thing when he gets mad he starts to call me nasty words and then I start crying then later on we make up but I hate it anyway the fact of him telling me things like that. But hey guy are gonna be guys I would have a talk with him tell him baby it really hurts me when you talk to me like that.....and so on...
It is not normal. It is verbal abuse. You should see if he loves you enough to go to counseling now before it escalates.





The truth is most men like this don't change, so if you have a way out take it. Otherwise you could waste years hoping for him to come around.





I have had five boyfriends and only one chose to speak to me in hurtful and insulting manner. He said he did not mean those things he only said them because he was so angry. Well those things should not be said EVER.





I have never tried to hurt someone deeply to win an argument. Have you? I think not. In fact most normal people would not think of trying to ';wound'; the one they love.





I wish I could be more hopeful. Look up verbal abuse and narcissistic personality disorder, then try to ease out of this for your own sake.
If your boyfriend is calling you names during an argument there is definitely something wrong. Two rational people can always come to a resolution.
My fiancee and I hardly fight and he would never dare say stuff like that to me. You need to be strong and show him what he is doing is unacceptable, even if it comes to dumping, do not ever take that from someone who supposedly loves you.
Relationships are all about give and take and knowing when to pick your battles. If you are constantly fighting that is NOT a good sign, but if your good out=numbers your bad then don't worry about it. A lot of fighting is often a sign of someone being un-happy in the relationship. Godo luck!
If he becomes aggressive. If he starts to become a boyfriend with a fist.
He doesn't sound normal to me. My wife and I argue from time to time, but we try to refrain from saying things that would really hurt the other person. Sounds like he is a tool. You can do better.
The fighting is too much when one person goes out of their way to HURT the other person. He's abusive. You're not over-reacting.





Even when couples fight, they should know that the other person will still be there at the end of the argument, and that their partner is still on their side. Yes, horrible things get said in fights, but at the end of it, you should know that you are still loved and that you still love the other person.





If he's making you feel like crap, then the fighting is too much. He's being abusive. He's losing control and hurting you. How is that different from smacking you around when he's angry? Leave him.
well i'm no expert r anythin but i dont think thats normal. And my opinion of severe wud b if he raised his hand to hit u, and also callin u things u most likely arent is really unnecessary and its sorta severe cuz its not sumthin u wud expect from sumone that supposedly loves u and as for hurtin ur feelings on purpose well it obviously aint rite cuz ur arguing and ur tryin to solve the problem so that definiately wudnt help the situation at all and he shudnt do that if he loves u r watever... proper way is sittin down and talkin it over and i dont expect that to happen all the tym cuz its an arguement but sacrifaces gotta b made sumtyms and i aint sayin it shud always b u cuz he gotta learn to respect ur opinions too he cant expect to b rite all the tym cuz come on thats jus too cocky but anyways other peoples relationships r different so... well hope u get the answer ur lookin for and good luck wid ur boyfriend
Listen. My wife and I have been married for nearly 25 years. I came from a family where I never, not once, so much as heard my parents raise their voices to each other. My wife on the other hand came from a family where her parents screamed bloody blue murder at each other almost every day. So one person's ceiling for stress may be someone else's floor. Sit down together and read a famous book called, ';Getting to Yes.'; I'm sure your library has a copy. It will teach you how to argue constructively. Frankly, I think your boyfriend has an anger management problem, and you DON'T want to marry an anger management problem. But three years is not a summer romance, so before you move on, try this very even handed ';win-win'; negotiation book. Good luck.
would you put up with a friend or co-worker who would insult and belittle you when they were angry? probably not. then why would you ever tolerate this abuse from someone who is suppose to love and respect you.





i have been married for 7 years and never once has my husband called me a name or demeaned me....and vice versa.





don't put up with it.
That thing of yours is OVER. Let it go. Now. No long explanations. Get out and move on. Love couples DO NOT go through that at ALL.You're being manipulated by a ';child';. You will need a man not a boy. Leave it today. Believe me.
I would consider this not normal temper/normal fighting between couples. I can see it happening once, but then you work on it and fighting fair. Arguments happen, but if he's going out of his way to make you feel bad, that's not okay regardless of the circumstances. Do you call him filthy words and scream at him? Some couples fight like that (still not normal) where they just scream back and forth at each other, but if he's screaming at you and you just take it, that's not right.
http://www.christianitytoday.com/mp/2006鈥?/a>





This is an article on communication you might find helpful.





You need to talk about this with your boyfriend when you are both calm and not arguing about anything. Decide as a couple what is okay and not okay during an argument. Have a word that either person can say (humorous is best) if they feel threatened personally in any way. When either of you says the word, you both take a step back and a 10 minute break from each other and the situation. Make sure you are not accusatory, but let him know how the words hurt you. Promise to change your arguing bad habits also. If you don't know what they are ask a friend to help you analyze. Usually one person likes to confront and get everything out in the open and the other person likes to withdraw and not talk about things.
Watch the movie ENOUGH with Jennifer Lopez and then think what is to much be careful

No comments:

Post a Comment