Saturday, January 23, 2010

I'm a Christian; however I don't see the problem with gay couples?

I'm Catholic, straight and sexually attracted to women but what I don't understand is people going on about, ' oh you're gay the devil will have you ' and all of that. When I have children I will let them choose I won't force something upon them.





What ever happened to Love thy neighbour?





We are all created in the image and likeness of god and God has a plan for everyone.





Being gay has nothing to do with the devil.I'm a Christian; however I don't see the problem with gay couples?
Exactly! Because there's nothing wrong!





I'm Catholic, bi, and sexually attracted to both genders. I also don't understand why people would say that.





Well, I suppose I do sort of understand. These people who say that haven't read the Bible, haven't read it correctly (assuming they have read it), and are taught as a child that being LGBT is wrong. Yet, they are also taught that God loves everyone.





The thing about the Bible, is that - in Leviticus - there's a passage that says male/male sex is an abomination. Of course, it says the same of divorce, premarital sex, shellfish, working on Sundays, people with visual impairment, shaving, cotton/polyester blend fabric, football, and so on. It also says that bestiality is more acceptable than gay sex. And it promotes slavery.





Of course, in the New Testament, Jesus says to ignore Leviticus!





As for Sodom and Gomorrah, Justin explains it wonderfully: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dgm4SXaEs…





In short, there's nothing wrong with homosexuality as far as religion is concerned. And, any one who says there is should actually read the Bible before I shove it up their ***.I'm a Christian; however I don't see the problem with gay couples?
I think that's fantastic. You're practically the first Christian I've seen on here that doesn't mind gays.


(One thing that annoys me: ';When I have children I will let them choose I won't force something upon them.'; Actually homosexuality isn't a choice, it's a genetic mutation, much like red hair.)


But that's a common mistake. I'm proud of you, even though I'm not a Christian. ^_^ *high-fives*
I was raised in a Baptist home and raised to believe that Homosexuality is of the devil. Now I am 34 years old, with two children and I have been dating my best friend from high school for three and a half years now. It is the best love I have ever experienced. My parents, especially my mom, who is 71 and set in her strong christian beliefs, do not like the idea of me being with Lisa at all. They don't shun her or tell her that she can't come around me but since we have been together I have lost custody of both of my children, my 11 year old son was beat by his stepfather (the father of my 5 year old daughter) so I left him. I am now with Lisa and I guess everyone thinks that I am a lesbian, that I don't know how to raise my children, I was always praised for the great mother I was before, but now anymore, no one wants the children around me or Lisa, isn't that some bs?!? I don't know what to do about any of it either. I cry, I get mad and depressed and its just not fair. To myself or to my children.
Kudos to you. LIke you i am also a christian and i love people for who they are. God does not say to hate others. I have many friends who are gay or bi and they not diff than me. They just happen to love somebody of the same sex. i wish the hate would stop. It hurts me to see gay people attacked. I think about Matthew Shepperd ( i hope i got his name right). He was killed because he was gay.My gosh can you imagine the pain that young man went through. It breaks my heart. I do believe in the Bible and the bible says to love one another. I do not care if you are Gay, Bi, straight, brown, white,black or purple. You are a human being who deserves love and respect.
I am the same, I'm Catholic but gay..


I totally don't get the whole idea, I mean there's about six lines in the bible that pertain to homosexuality while there are THOUSANDS of others that have to do with heterosexuality. I mean, come on. Stop complaining and give us our rights already. Get a life, your not a catholic your stupid.


(Not you, I mean the ';religious catholics, defenders of marriage';)
Thank God. I am sick of ';good Christian people'; telling people (like myself) that we're going to hell because we're being true to the way God made us. I have an ex who just happens to be a pastor's son and constantly told me that being gay or bi was a sin against god. It meant that I couldn't be myself around him. Bravo for not feeling this way. I applaud you!
cherry-picking - the religious homophobes have an agenda and pick misunderstood/mistranslated verses to suit themselves and then lie that LBG are evil


';homosexual'; was a term coined in 1868


It's nice to see some open-minded catholics and a gay catholic
What a very good christ like christan and very Intelligent you must be! Please tell lots of other people thus as well. Love is the most important part of the bible.





P.S. Its not a choice, your just made that way but you know that :).
You, my friend, are a fantastic human being who should share his message with the religious nuts that tell all of us that we're going to hell.
I wish all Christians were like you. This world would be a better place. But unfortunately, there's Christians out there saying gays are going to hell. Only God knows.
I am gay so I'm biased but I think you have a good opinion. ^_^
I'm a Protestant Southern Baptist and I totally agree with you.





That said, some might argue this: love the neighbor... but not the deed.
Thank you :) If only everyone was like you!


*hug*
good :]
I agree, today's society has gone completely bonkers. I don't know what's wrong with people not accepting someone because of their sexual preference. If they are attracted to the same sex then there's nothing you can do about it. Everyone deserves to be happy and that means homosexuals too. I think it truly is disgusting to see how much this world has not changed. You would think that by now people from all around the world would be able to communicate peacefully and respectfully without judging a person's lifestyle. It's sickening and it seems like it gets worse everyday. It'll be very interesting to see how things will be in about 10 years or so. The world will probably be deteriorated by then.





I love all people, all shapes and sizes, all colors, gay, straight or transgendered. I love everyone because each and every person in this world deserves to love and be loved; to experience happiness. The world needs to stop being idiotic, narcissistic, pessimist, imbeciles, and realize that racism and all this hate is unnecessary. Unfortunately, this world is full of billions of people that don't know how to think for themselves. It's a crying shame; maybe things will change.





I hope they change, one day I want kids and if the world is anything like it is now in 20 years then you can forget it. I will not bring a child into a world full of pure hatred. I pray to God that a miracle will happen soon.
P!ss off.

No comments:

Post a Comment