Sunday, January 17, 2010

For those couples who have been married for a long time.?

So what is the secret? Women; do you ever worry about him cheating? Can a man really be faithful to one woman? I have a wonderful man and we have a great relationship but I always worry.For those couples who have been married for a long time.?
I've been married 25 years. Most of them happy, but it's certainly an up and down ride, especially when you throw kids into the mix. I don't know if there is one main secret, but an important rule for both to have is 'divorce is never an option'. If you go into a marriage with that in mind, you certainly try harder to resolve problems, especially in the beginning.





Probably the most important thing for us was to marry a friend with the same sense of humor. Definitely a sexy friend, but a friend that you love to be with. If you are a person who likes to laugh, I hope you married someone who is the same. It may sound simple, but it's a biggie. The same morals help too.





Another secret is to do things together...


Don't leave each other at home on Fri or Sat nights. Sometimes we have to remind each other by saying something like ';You're my only boyfriend (or girlfriend) so be a good one and go with me to...'; It's a good thing to keep in mind too if you want to be the only 'girlfriend' or 'boyfriend.'





All I can tell you about cheating, and worrying about it, is that neither does anyone any good. Don't waste your time worrying about it. If you are married to a good person, and it does happen, then you should try to work through it if your future together is worth it. It certainly depends on the details on that one. All I can say is that 25 years is a looong time and if my husband cheated on me at some point, I probably wouldn't hate him forever for it. People are human and there is a lot of temptation out there and men are often oblivious of the ways they are being manipulated by women.





Sorry for the long answer...that's kind of a big question!For those couples who have been married for a long time.?
Our motto is:





Do your best everyday to be the person they would marry again in a heartbeat.





At ANY time if I look at my wife and ask ';would I marry her again now?'; - I instantly reply ';yes';.





Most people (men or women) cheat because they are unhappy in the relationship, not because they just can't control themselves. A very happy marriage (where BOTH are very happy) has little chance of either cheating.





Lack of communication... probably the biggest killer of marriages. If you are unhappy, say so. If he is unhappy, don't crucify him for saying so or cry and make him regret telling you he is. Deal properly with honest information and you'll be home free.





I'm serious... it's that easy.
There is no big secret. Humans are not perfect, even when they are in love and even when they are trying. There are things that happen that make you want to leave and that is just the truth. The question is, how much does your marriage mean to you, how much do you love your partner, and can you put up with their imperfections?





I've been married or 10 years and there have been a few major things that made me want to just walk away from the whole thing, but we toughed it out. In the end, I love him as a person and that isn't the same as the lustful love you feel at first. I love the life we've made and the plans that we have.





I think you need to have a true love for someone, acceptance, and a lot of patience and forgiveness. As far as being faithful... the longer the relationshi,p the less of a 'deal breaker' that scenario comes. I'd be really mad if my husband cheated, but I don't know that I would end the marriage over that. There is just so much more to marriage than that.
Be more secure in yourself and life will be a lot easier. There is no secret, it's hard work, and trust. If there is no trust, it will never work. No I never worry about me or my guy cheating, We decided a long time ago, that this is a marriage, not prison. If either ever decides, that it is no longer for us, then that's when it ends.It kind of stops that feeling of being stuck, stranded or imprisoned. No need to cheat, you want out, there's the door. No hard feelings. A lot of people will disagree with us, but it works for us. We always say people make many decisions in their lives that turn out to be the wrong one, so if this turns out to be one of them, then so be it. So far we are fine, and we got married at 18 %26amp; 22, but you are not always the same person at 38 %26amp; 42. Only time will tell.
Men can be faithful, and so can women for that matter.





I have no secrets. My husband has earned my trust over the many years we have been married. I make an effort to treat him better than I treat any other person in my life. It really shocks me how some people treat their spouse worse than they would treat a stranger in the grocery store. My husband comes first, and he absolutely knows it.
You have a great relationship to a wonderful man! Why dampen that with a negative thought! Be thankful for him. If you worry about him, that is telling me you may be insecure with yourself. Don't ruin your relationship by thinking what if, or if he is flirting with the secretary at work. Stay positive. You've got a good thing going!!!
dear asker





do not see the empty half of the cup only .. there is another full half too :-)





of course, trustful men and women are still alive ..





do not believe all what you see in media .. you will think all people are bad and animals waiting for the chances to do wrong and have self interests only ..





they are many happy families who never cheat or lie and live in a stable and good life ..





i hope all good for all :-)





good luck ..
good sex keep a man home if you dont give him what he want in the bedroom and the Emotional support he need he will get it some were eles.


most girls will do it all before married than after they will not keep it or them self's up and that is why men cheat.
Minimize stress in your life, a lot of it is completely managable (ie people often create their own headaches). Besides that, don't take your spouse for granted. As long as you both are trying to meet each others needs %26amp; wants to the best of your ability, things will likely work out.
No, I have never worried about cheating. Yes, a man can be faithful to one woman.





If you always worry, your relationship can't be that great. You either trust him or you don't.
As long as you are both willing and able to continue to put effort into making the relationship better, it will last and get better. No secret, just work.
Our secret is to never go to bed angry and to communicate -





I don't have any fears about him cheating on me - I firmly believe that he will be faithful no matter what obstacles come into our path - and we've had a few already
Be careful because your thoughts actually become reality if you think them enough
I worry more about my woman cheating. Myself cheating is the last thing on my mind.
you identify yourself as someone's gal.


and i see insecurity all over in your question.





go find yourself.
sure there are men out there who are faithful. if you trust him then your worries are unfounded.
Just have an open marriage, then you don't have to worry and you'll know exactly what's going on.








Kidding of course

No comments:

Post a Comment