Friday, January 15, 2010

How many of you married couples sleep in seperate rooms?

To all happily married couples, even those with children.





How many of you sleep in seperate rooms at night?





This is not due to any irrevocable differences, but due to other problems.





For example, the wife may have a 9 - 5 job, but the husband starts work in the afternoon and comes home in the wee hours in the morning. To prevent any inconvenience, the husband will retire to the guest room. By the time he awakens, it will be noon and his wife and children will be away. He will then prepare himself and head for work. In the evenings, his wife and children will return and by nightfall, retire to bed without him. Again he will return in the wee hours in the morning and the cycle repeats.





How many of you do that and did any problem arisenHow many of you married couples sleep in seperate rooms?
I often am coming into the house from work a few hours before my husband leaves for work, but we still sleep in the same bed - wouldnt feel married if I didnt (personally speaking)How many of you married couples sleep in seperate rooms?
I have been married for 24 years. I snore terribly, so I frequently snooze in the guest bedroom. She's a heavy sleeper and I'm a light sleeper, so if she goes to bed first, I come in and its not a problem sleeping in the same room/bed. If I go to bed first, she's sleeping in another room because of my snoring.





Because neither of us is sleep deprived, we're also not sex deprived. Besides, who wants to limit sex to the bedroom?





We've always had separate bathrooms. This is great. I can be a heathen in mine and she can keep hers neat. I share my bathroom with my son.
My wife and I started sleeping in separate rooms a few years ago b/c of my snoring (which has been corrected with a CPAP machine). Even though I don't snore any more, we still find it more comfortable to each have our own bed.





If either of us wants to partake in a 'night time activity', we know where the other is so it hasn't been a problem.
The only time we dont sleep in the same bed is when are son is sick or wakes up crying in the middle of the night -one of use always gets in with him.
my parents did...but then they divorced lol
It's funny that you asked this question. After 11 years of marriage and lots of sleepless nights due to my husband snoring, I said to him ';I don't know who thought two people in one bed was a good idea but I am sure don't get much sleep when you are home! (He works out of town most of the time and I sleep much better alone!)





I think seperate bedrooms and my own personal space would be great. Hubby thinks differently so I just enjoy the fact that a few nights a week I get to sleep alone.





Don't know what will happen when he retires but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it, I guess.
I think more people that let on, to be honest. In our household, we work different hours so quite often one of us will end up sleeping in the other room so as not to disturb them. That and the snoring, of course. Not for nothing do I have stocks of earplugs handy from Snorestore.co.uk
if you want a good nites sleep or have kids its inevitable to do this
no 28 years and still sleep together, wouldnt want it any other way.
We sleep in the same bed.





Even if I were in this situation we would still sleep in the same bed. I love the comfort that I feel having my husband beside me. I wouldn't care if he woke me in the wee hours of the morning. I would at least get a few hours of sleep that would be with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment