Wednesday, January 13, 2010

What keeps couples together after years of togetherness?

When the spark is gone, what remains? Will it be time to move on? Does true love really exist?What keeps couples together after years of togetherness?
You decide to keep loving. Love is an action more than it is a feeling. The spark ebbs and flows. There are going to be days when you're hot for the person your with and days you are not. It's normal, natural and shouldn't be alarming. I've been married 4 years and with my husband for 7 years. I could ask myself 'Wouldn't it be better?' 'More exciting?' In the end, you'll ask yourself these questions no matter who you're with and how long you're with them. I know that it would be a failure on my part not to continue getting up everyday and recommitting myself to a very lovely man. I don't think I can do much better to be honest. Someone might be hot and a temptation but that's not worth the person I would give up. He rocks even if he drives me nuts or I get bored sometimes. That's life and love.What keeps couples together after years of togetherness?
HUH? If the spark is gone WTF!
Marriage is a committment for life. It takes two people putting in an effort to work - starting with YOU. Real love begins with REAL closeness.





Put the ';spark'; back in - sign up to do something you've never done before and do it together - it can be scuba diving, oil painting, tandem biking - whatever! And see eachother in a new way. My husband and I separated but were working on reconciling and our first ';date'; after we decided to stay together was to the gun range - we had never done this before and it was sooo exciting. I could see my husbands eyes light up and he couldn't stop looking at me ... it was really sweet - he was seeing me in a different light and loving it!
after years of being together, you should be pretty close. its like when you take a friend with you to the beach, you can get tired of them. but if you take your husband or wife, its like you know what to do to make the other person happy. also, after being together for a long time, you kind of get each other. you understand the other person. just give it another chance...
Simple: Compromise/Diversity





In order for one to have a truly happy marriage you do not try to change the person but embrace their differences and compromise. The differences are the diversities that make us who we are.
When you find out, write a book. You'll make millions.
the spark doesnt have to die.. i dont think I ever want to experience that with the man I adore but moving on only means you believe you both have nothing to expierence anymore.
In the beginning of the marriage is is very sexual because our bodies are programmed to procreate our species. Then after the children come along, we get more comfortable and even though we have a love for each other, our main concern is the child...then as the children grow, there are highs and lows in the marriage, but when you are married for a long time, you form roots and your love for each grows deeper and deeper by the year until you could not think of being apart from each other. You almost know what the other is thinking and feeling. True love does exist and I found it many years ago. My husband and I are married 40 years and we love each other more now than we did when we first married...The spark is still there, although my husband is sick with kidney disease, but that is when you know your love runs deep, when you can care for someone that you love with no complaints or question. That is why the marriage vows are so prophetic..';in sickness and in health';...well now I honor my vows for my darling husband. Yes...true love does exist..
If ';the spark'; is gone then it's over. Having been married for 30 years now I can tell you the one thing that is crucial to keeping your relationship healthy...COMMUNICATION! If you can talk openly and honestly with each other you can keep finding new things that you both like and want to do together.
My husband and I have been together 26 years. We are still in love, hold hands, flirt and all the things we did when we were younger. (Now just a little slower!) Ha! Our commitment still remains true to each other and our spark in the bedroom is still there and I hate to think of the day when one of us has to go on without the other. I believe true love exist and I am in love and dedicated to my true love...
Been together over 30 years, I don't think the spark ever really goes away, it may dim from time to time, but in true love it is never extinguished. When our boys were younger our flame was low but the boys kept us busy, now we're empty nesters and the fire is burning bright.





I think the real key to longevity in a relationship is you must be friends as well as lovers. Sometimes the friendship alone will get you through.
Grit.





In a culture of instant gratification, few have the personal strength needed to honor a commitment of love. Love requires risk, effort, and personal sacrifice. You can't get it without offering something of yourself in return, and you can't keep it without maintaining a constant effort to make it last.





You know that old married couple that lives on your street? They're more than just cute, wrinkled little people. They're survivors of a heroic struggle. They had what it took.
Is it time to move on when the spark is gone? NO. That's why divorce is so prominent in our society. People are looking for this spark for the rest of your lives. It doesn't happen like that. When you are in love you are comfortable around each other. Not everything is lovey dovey. Think of how much work that is for both the people in the relationship, constantly flirting and being sweet. There are stages to a relationship. If you are looking for ';spark'; that person is just not ready for a seriously committed relationship like marriage. Yes true love really exists but true love isn't defined by those butterflies. It's the feeling you get that you can hardly describe with words. It's about protection, support and a deep understanding of each other. It's the silences that aren't awkward and the times when you just feel it in your gut. I don't believe in soulmates but I think you feel true love in your soul, when you want nothing more than to be that person's source of happiness. These things aren't spark to me. Spark is the sex and the sweet texts and the initial attraction. All of these deeper things contribute to true love. When you find it. There is nothing in the world that can replace it.
i think true love exists, but its so easy for people to be tempted now, and i hang around for the kids. i love my husband but he does what ever he wants, he wants his cake and to eat it too. Im terrible, i put up with it. I do everything for him, but he is 48 and im 32 and I guess I am too old for him. we met when i was 20. guess he wants a younger model. thats who his new texting friend is 21 and pretty and sexy. i cant compete with that.
I don't know if you are talking about being married or just living together. I guess on any level COMMITMENT IS THE ANSWER. YES, true love does exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment