Friday, January 15, 2010

Who is tired of hearing couples say ';WE are pregnant';?

How can a male claim to be pregnant? How stupid!Who is tired of hearing couples say ';WE are pregnant';?
I think it sounds odd to say ';We're pregnant'; as technically, only the woman is pregnant. However, I feel more comfortable saying ';We're expecting.';





It's just a personal preference, and I can understand that others would like to say it :)Who is tired of hearing couples say ';WE are pregnant';?
Nope, that doesn't bother me at all. My husband and I said it for all three children. The thing that bugged me was when my mother-in-law would include herself in the ';We're pregnant,'; and refer to the baby-to-be as ';our baby.'; She's a really sweet lady, but whenever she'd say that it irritated me. ';We're pregnant'; should definitely not include grandparents, and I'd prefer if grandparents refer to the child as their grandbaby rather than 'our baby.' Ok, thanks for letting me vent.
The operative word would be ';we';, as in the couple, and the couple is having the baby. My husband and I say it all the time. It's our baby, he's been with me at every appointment, held my hair back when I had all day sickness, has to rearrange his plans when I'm having one of my lethargic or not so feeling well days, he may as well be pregnant too.
Not me either.





I may be the one that is pregnant and also the one that will be giving birth and breast feeding but my husband is a much a part of this pregnancy as I am. It's thanks to him that I have been able to stop working during the last few months of the pregnancy (health reasons), he has come to each and every doctors appointment, put up with my tempers, held on to me when it has all gotten a bit overwhelming and will be there with me in the labour room when our son is born. So we are BOTH having this baby, we are BOTH pregnant, it's just that only one of us is physically carrying this baby.
Yes it sounds weird and it's inaccurate. I always want to ask the man when is he going to take his turn incubating the kid.





The fact is they are having a baby but only one of them is pregnant. It's just one of those things men say to make a woman feel like she's not in it by herself. If their wife/girlfriend is ok with the phrasing, I guess the rest of us will have to grin and bear it.






well as mother whos gone through pregnancy alone it use to make me sick when i heard other people say that cuz idk maybe i felt bad that my baby didnt have father or something but i know when the guy is with u every step of they way it is important to include him so it makes sense to say we instead of i cuz u r in it 2gether.
Well I am guilty - as I have said this time and time again. It's because we were pregnant...we did it together....we experienced the emotions and joys and sometimes tears that pregnancy can bring. But I have a pretty open minded hubby who is very involved with our baby...
WE as in we are experiencing this together. WE are having a child!!! WE as in it takes two to make a child! I love when my husband says it. Don't like it, then ignore those people, it's not that hard. Why complain when you can't change anyone, you can only change yourself!



I can see where it would bother a woman to hear people say that if she is a single mom and the guy isn't in the picture. More of a jealously thing.





I always say ';us' or ';we'; because my husband and I are a team and we made the baby together.



it's just a supportive way of saying that his wife or girlfriend is pregnant, and he's just as excited as she is. besides, women need a man's sperm to get pregnant in the first place. that's probably the best reason for it.
No, if you think about it, I mean, physically, it's not true, but hey that girl wouldn't be pregnant if it wasnt for the guy's 'special men' as jackie on that 70s show calls it
i honestly dont see anything wrong with it.


it means he;s willing to take the responisbilty as well as the girl.





now it'd be a little different if he went around saying. ';im pregnant';





but i honestly think its cute.
Why are you taking it so literal? Of course a man cannot be pregnant, but that statement is a show of support. That this a something undertook by the two of them.
i use it. my husband obviously had some part in it, why should i exclude him?? i hate it when a woman says it is up to her whether she wants an abortion when she is still with the guy!


so to shay!
WE as in my husband and I, are overjoyed that we are pregnant again and therefore WE share in this joy.





Why let petty things like this bother you! ?
Not me.





I always referred to my pregnancy as an ';us'; or ';we'; thing. My husband helped me make this baby, I certainly didn't do it myself, and he was as much a part of it as I was.
I think it's nice since it's a way of the man saying that he is fully involved and awaiting the birth of his child.
My husband and I say that.





I love the fact he wants this baby ust like I do.





I see nothing wrong with it.
The better question is ';who cares?';






It's not stupid when a father wants his child. I didn't get myself pregnant ya know.
I think it's sweet.
b/c its something WE made together...i actually dont mind
Not only does my husband say that ';WE'; are having a baby so does our 3 yr. old son. He says it's ';his baby';.
why does it bother you?
My unborn child's father and I say it..because it isn't just me having a baby, its him too! We aren't even dating.
He can't unless he's that guy on oprah who used to be a girl but now is a guy but his wife couldn't get pregnant so he did it for her...

No comments:

Post a Comment