Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Same sex couples: What do your kids call you?

I'm a lesbian, and I was talking about kids the other day with a few friends. I started to wonder what I'll have my kids call my partner and I when we reach the point where we decide to have a family. We joked about the whole ';Mamma B, Mamma T'; from the L Word, but I just don't see myself as a Mamma J, hah. Any thoughts?Same sex couples: What do your kids call you?
My fiance and I agreed he'd be ';Dad'; and I'd be ';Poppy.';





Poppy's an Italian term which can mean a few different things. People at work call me that sometimes too actually.





';Poppy'; was what my cousins and I called my grandfather that passed away in 2002 so the name has some family significance to me.Same sex couples: What do your kids call you?
My best friend has lesbian parents, she calls her mum 'mum' and her partner by her real name, she refuses to call the partner anything else as she doesn't want to call the women a second mother or anything, she prefers to see her as a 'friend' of her mother's (my friend does get along great with the women though, she has no problems with her mums sexuality, that's just how she sees it) hope i helped!
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081001121156AAPzOAb





We are wondering what to do ourselves. Two options we are considering is mama and mommy, or ma and mom. Some suggestions on that link too. We didn't like the idea of them using our names.
Mum, ma, mumma, mommy, mom...
I would do a Dad Daddy thing, So maybe Mom Momma Mommy
Aye ho





jk...mm..by your real name?? Or both just be called mom..
  • scars
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment