Thursday, May 13, 2010

What is your view and opinion on couples living together without being married?

There is nothing wrong with it at all in fact my husband and i moved in together 3 months before we got married.What is your view and opinion on couples living together without being married?
I totally agree with the 3rd answer! My husband and I moved in together....well let me back up. I actually moved in with his family last September after knowing one another for 5 months, due to family issues that I no longer wanted to be a part of. We got an apartment together in December, got engaged in January, and married 5 weeks ago! I think it's great if you know ya'll are wanting to get married and spend the rest of your lives together. It's a great way to ';test the waters'; so-to-speak on your relationship and see how living together goes; whether you can get along or not. My husband and I refused to have sex though until our wedding night because that was something special we wanted to save for the most special day of our lives and it was truely amazing!! I highly recommend that, but it's not for everyone...What is your view and opinion on couples living together without being married?
I have done it shamefully I admit. Then I got saved and realized how wrong it is. Then I started dating my boyfriend (now husband) and we did not live together or sleep together until our honeymoon and it was so special. I think if people would follow God's plan more often and wait until marriage for sex, living together etc... then we wouldn't have all the problems we do have today. It's a shame that all these children now don't know who their dad is, know their parents are not married etc... And all these women having sex with multiple partners only to discover she is pregnant and doesn't know who the dad is. Sex was meant for a husband and a wife. Not for horny girls and boys to go ';bang'; eachother and zip up their pants and move on. Another reason there are so many Stds now.





Also statistics show if a couple lives together before marriage and then gets married they are at a higher risk of divorce.
My wife and I lived together before we got married. She didn't tell her parents because she did not want to be judge and I respected her decision. I don't see anything wrong with it, but you gotta know when the relationship is going to prosper or not. I don 't beleive people should live together for 10 years and never get married, that just doesnt' make sense to me, but 2 or 3 years makes sense. My wife and I dated for a year, lived together for a year before we got married.
It's fine in my opinion, if used to predict the direction of a relationship.





Also fine, if both parties agree that they won't marry.





The most important thing is honesty, and that you both agree about what you are doing and why.





Some people who lived together and decided not to marry will tell you how relieved they were to find out prior to taking the plunge.





Good luck.
TOTALLY WORTH IT. living with someone is SO different then just seeing them on dates and the such. i know that when you live with someone before you marry them, people will say, thenwhats the point of getting married?


i think its close minded to think that its a bad idea to live together before you marry. you could love someone to death and then move in with them and learn ALL their day to day habits, and decide they aren't for you. uh-oh. you're already married now you need a divorce. messy messy. Its easy if you're still dating because then if you decide things aren't going to work out you can easily go you're seperate ways...
Every situation is different. I've been with my man for 10 years and we where never married. We have two kids together. I call him my husband and introduse him like wise. Why haven't we been married? I can't afford to. Right now I get back about 5,000 dollars in taxes every year. He owes back the goverment and if we are married they will take it out of my taxes. Sinse I'm considered a single mom in the eyes of the goverment I can get assistense to go back to school and get my dagree as well as other forms of assistense.If it wasn't for the financial struggles we have had we would be married at the moments notice. How ever we know we belong together and will always remain together and my kids have a happy, secure, and loveing home and family. My opinion is its not always the best way, but for some its the only way.
I don't' think there's anything wrong with it, I say this because only after you've lived with someone can you really get to know what a person is like as far as their personal life. Whether they're a slob, neat freak, or something else like that. That's when you really get to know the other side of the person you're with, the side most people don't show their partner when they're dating, like their bad habits. It gives you some insight as to how they really are, now if you were to wait to move in with this person till after you got married and found out how messed up they were, guess what? You're stuck! As far as the sex, whether people believe it or not sex plays a big part in a healthy relationship, if you were to wait till after you got married and found out your man was a freak, into things you'd never do, some where in that marriage the train is going to run of the track because sexually the two of you just aren't compatible.
Fine by me.


They are less protected by law, but I don't see it as wrong or immoral.





Actually, I think it's a good idea to live together a few months to a couple of years before getting married. This way you can really find out if you are compatible and happy to have each other around at all times.
Try the shoes before you by them, but that is for shoes not marriage. What you are doing is shacking up. There is a reason it is called that. You are playing house with out taking the serious step of committing yourselves to each other. It is a childish thing that mentally under developed people do.


Look at the people that do it and you will see what I mean. What if you have children and they find out you shacked up. Would you want them to do that, or your parents?


Not a good idea. If you truly love one another you wouldn't do it.
Nothing wrong with it . Hes a freakin slob and i found that when i moved in with him before we got married . It would have shocked the hell out of me if i waited till after we were married to move in .I think it makes people closer as well . He knows me very well and it help us get to know each other better before we tied the knot.
It is down to everyone to do as they think fit as long as both people are happy with it. It will not work if one side of the relationship is not happy with it, for whatever reason. If both are happy to live together fine, if not then there could be problems.
I think that it is cool until they decide to bring kids into the picture. Kids need a stable upbringing and marriage not only provides a solid base for their security it guarantees certain legal and insurance benefits that children will need.
...they are in love.


...they are sharing responsibilites of life together.


...and they are happy.


...move on and enjoy your life too.


W
I jus got myself in this same deal. both of our familes dont agree with it and are tryin to pressure us to hurry an get married. all you can do is take your time and do it when the time is right.
Fine in my opinion. Think it's great because you get to know someone fully before considering marriage etc.
I think thats a good thing to do before you get married...that way so you know how his living situation is like!
Doesn't effect me one way or the other so i dont care if they do...
sexy!!!!!!!!
what sunshine said...


you never know someone for real until youve tried to live with them.
the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment