Thursday, May 13, 2010

What are some things same-sex couples lack?

What don't we get because of our orientation?


I need help for my powerpoint that i have to present!


thanks!


:)What are some things same-sex couples lack?
In excess of 1100 Federal rights and responsibilities that are granted to straight married people.


Our marriages are exempted from the full faith and credit clause in the Constitution (Mass marriage isn't valid in Va).


Marriage in the vast majority of states.


The ability of married people to sponsor their spouse's immigration into this country.


The ability to express affection in public with acceptance and in safety.What are some things same-sex couples lack?
The same recognition from a state recognized marriage within the state we live in, if we move to ANOTHER state, %26amp; from the federal government.





My wife %26amp; I missed out on $3000 refund from the IRS, $1200/yr from the Veterans Administration which would otherwise include my wife as the dependant of a service-connected OEF/OIF veteran, %26amp; she can't be buried with me (like other spouses of military veterans) in a veterans cemetery. With my wife's layoff earlier this year, that money could be put to good use.
Well I have a biological kid, so i don't consider that a lack. I would say nothing in general for me:-)..but am just speaking for myself not for anyone.
biological children


in some places they lack rights


in some places they can't get married


people accepting them as much, but its better now a days


male couples lack pms haha
Hmmm...well, they lack the understanding and compassion of an intelligent 'straight' community to gain their 'rightful' EQUALITY in human society.
i think equal status in society (generally) as it's much mroe difficult to adopt etc.
Respect, in many countries. Freedom, too.
In some countries you get killed.


In some states in the U.S. you don't get the same rights as a married couple (health benefits, etc.)
having biological children with each other is probably the main one
  • new eyeshadow
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment