Friday, January 15, 2010

Does anyone know of any programs or colleges that provide housing for married couples?

me and my wife are both 29 yrs old, we have 3 kids and both want to go back to college. We were wondering if there is any specific type programs, grants, or colleges/ universities that provide housing. There use to be a place in MS called


Mary Holmes College. They provided homes for married couples and Day Care. They were a Presbetyrian School and lost funding after 25 yrs and refused to let state gov take over so they closed down about 4 yrs ago.Does anyone know of any programs or colleges that provide housing for married couples?
Yeah, I know a few but I can't remember by name. You can check on collegeboard.com and search for an individual college's profile and under the housing tab it will say if they have housing available to married couples.Does anyone know of any programs or colleges that provide housing for married couples?
Yes, most state universities will provide couple and family housing. Even a few private schools will, or you can always choose to live off-campus.
I know that my university (Ohio University in Athens, Ohio) owns or has contracts with several apartment complexes. They definitely have one building that is mostly grad student housing, but I know a lot of grad students at my school are international students, so they're even older than the norm for grad school and are married with kids. I also know this older couple from the same hometown area that I'm from, and they sold their house, and used the money to move to Athens, where they are both going to school full time and living on student loans. They did start out with no debt, though, because they sold their home, but there are plenty of continuing or adult education programs that offer scholarships, grants and low interest loans to ';older'; or non-traditional students who want to go back to school full time.

No comments:

Post a Comment