Friday, January 15, 2010

Is it true that nowadays most couples getting married are the same age (or very close to it)?

If so, think it is because of coed schools, colleges, and such? Didn't the man always used to be older throughout history?





Is it true that nowadays most couples getting married are the same age (or very close to it)?
I think most couples are close to the same age because we tend to hang around those in our general age group, so those are the people we get to know and eventually we might fall in love with one of them.





My husband is exactly 6 months older than I am, just for the record. :PIs it true that nowadays most couples getting married are the same age (or very close to it)?
Well the tradition long ago was that the father passed his daughter on to the husband to take care of her, so typically he was older because he had the means to take care of her then. So from very early on, it was taken that the man should be older. As time passed though, that tradition (for the most part) started to die. Women weren't given away to be taken care of but marry for love. The men were still typically older because women married young and the maturity levels matched up. In today's society, age isn't looked at as much, so there are extreme age differences and also really close in age. College probably has something to do with that, but not always.
My fiance is 5 and a half years older than me. I personally find guys my age or close to it to be very immature and just not ready for that next step. I have always hung out with an older crowd and don't think of myself as only being 20. I personally love who I'm with and to me, his age doesn't really matter. I love him, my family loves him, that's really all that matters. My friends that I know who are engaged or married also very in age with their husbands by 3-6 years as well.
I don't think it has much to do with co-ed schools as most people meet their spouces after school. I think it has more to do with the woman actually having more of a say in who she marries. Also different priorities, women now days are not bought up to think that all they can be is a wife and a mother so they choose someone who fits in with their world views and life plan.


Havign said that my man and I are only a year and a half apart, that was a lucky coincidence.
Most couples around my age that are married or engaged seem to be pretty close in age. My husband and I are only one day apart.





My parents, who have been married for 25 years, are 20 years apart. I don't think there are very many couples nowadays that are that far apart in age.
Cool question! I don't know...


I guess school could have something to do with it. My husband and I are 8 years apart. I don't find it weird. I wonder sometimes though about the maturity differences as males generally mature later than females. In saying that, I have good friends who are a few years older than their husbands and are very happy so I suppose there's no right answer.
No i dont think thats true,my ex fiance was 32,i was 22.i called the wedding off a few months b4 as i realised we werent compatible.


My fiance now is 6months older than me,and this wedding is definately going ahead.
I think a lot of people do but in my case, my husband is 8 years older then me. I'm 30 and he's 38. He's one of the youngest guys I've dated, most prior were 10-20 years older then me.
Me and my fiance are getting married next year and there is only 3 months difference between us but again on the other hand my brother is engaged to a girl who is 10 years younger than him so it is really hard to say.
i am 3 years older then my husband he is 41 and i am 44 we just got married in aug. . my best friends 2nd husband was 6 years older then her he died of ALS ( Lou Gehrig鈥檚 Disease ) 3 years ago.
no the average age to get married is 27 for women and 30 for men. my hubby is 4 years older than me.
yes it does seem that way for some people for me and my fiance he is only three months older than me lol
My husband is 3 months younger than me. We met through a friend. We're both 24.





P.S. LOL. My husbands name is Joey.
A lot of the time they are closer,


But not always
  • scars
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment