Sunday, January 17, 2010

Why do so many couples look alike?

I know this is a weird question, and it's certainly no rule, but many couples have similar facial structure, smiles, skin tone, body proportion (relative to gender), etc.





Lol, it sorta sucks for me, since there's nobody who actually looks like me, in female form. Not that I'd find such a woman attractive anyway :P





Anyone else think a lot of couples look quite similar?Why do so many couples look alike?
I have noticed that too! I have an acquaintance that I see from time to time [I dated him in high school] who is engaged to a girl who looks JUST like him. They even [totally accidentally] dress alike sometimes. It really freaks me out. Oh! Oh! And, no joke, their names are Eric and Erika.





I think I am pretty ewwie looking, so I hope I find someone who looks nothing like me.Why do so many couples look alike?
Not really.





The toon I bide in used to be an old fishing village and very large women were prized because they could carry their men out to the boats and the men could at least start out the day dry and warm. It is still quite common for small men from this area to pair up with larger women. They don't look anything like each other.





Different areas, and times, have different conventions of attractiveness. It used to be that pale skin was valued for a woman because it showed that she belonged to the upper classes and didn't have to work in the fields or over the boiling laundry. Then when everyone went to the factories and now offices, tan skin became the sign of leisure.





These are conventions. Nothing more. You can choose to live your life by them or to see people for what is unique and beautiful about each individually.





The latter is a hell of a lot more interesting.
well, in older couples, I have an explanation.





We subconsciously mimic the facial expression of the people around us, so as a couple stays longer together, they both use the same expressions, causing the same wear on the face. So the smirk I picked up from my wife will cause the same wrinkles on both of us, causing us to appear similar.
Like the eHarmony couples?


Yeah, they look like siblings..


*shudder*
people love no one more then themselves

No comments:

Post a Comment