Friday, January 15, 2010

What kind of stigma do Asian-American couples have in America?

When I was in my 20s a family friend returned from an overseas deployment with a Filipino wife. As far as I could tell she was accepted at church and in the neighborhood. She was a bit of a novelty because up to that time none of us had ever known any asians.


That was 30 years ago, today I don't believe there is any ';stigma'; attached to Asian/Caucasian couples, at least in SW PA where I live. Recently 2 large groups of 20 somethings from Thailand and Indonesia came to this area for management training. Almost everyone of these young people dated locals while they were here. In fact there were at least 3 marriages that I am aware of. There were no racial problems in any of these relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment